5 Benefits of New Home Construction
Tim King, President
North Coast Building Industry Association – NCBIA – www.ncbia.com
The first step for new home buyers is deciding if they want a new or existing home. Choosing a structure that best fits your needs is essential because a home is one of the most significant investments you’ll likely make in your lifetime. There are plenty of existing homes on the market, but owning a newly constructed home has many advantages. Before you talk to a real estate agent, consider the following reasons why a new home might be right for you.
- High-Quality Construction. Professional home builders take pride in the quality of their work. Ask any builder for references and they’ll be happy to connect you with clients who recently purchased a newly built home. Not only are beautiful new homes lovely to admire, but buyers also have peace of mind knowing that a home is safe for their families. Qualified home builders ensure each new build passes inspections and conforms to current building codes. A new home is also under warranty, and any issues that arise during the warranty term will be fixed at no cost to the homeowner.
- Features That Fit Your Family Needs. New homes can be personalized with appliances, cabinets, countertops, carpets, floor coverings, paint color and other design elements to meet your family’s needs and tastes. They also come designed for modern lifestyles, with open floor plans, walk-in closets, and creative storage solutions. New home buyers do not have to make any renovations to change a previous owner’s taste to their own.
- Built for Efficiency. Newly built homes are highly energy efficient, saving buyers money and helping the environment. New windows, doors and insulation better control the home’s interior climate, and ENERGY STAR-rated appliances and other modern components will help save costs on utility bills. New buyers don’t have to spend time shopping to replace aging appliances.
- Wired for the Latest Technology. New homes come outfitted with the latest home automation and wiring components that provide state-of-the-art technology to accommodate modern home appliances and entertainment resources such as high-definition televisions, full-house sound systems, hard-wired fire, and security alarms, and more.
- Opportunities to Build a Strong Sense of Community. One of the built-in benefits of many new homes is the new neighborhood. When families move into a new community at the same time, lasting bonds of friendship and neighborliness often form right away. Many home builders will host community block parties in these developments to help neighbors of all ages meet and connect.
For more information on the benefits of new homes, contact the NCBIA. We are your local not-for-profit trade association representing member companies involved in all aspects of home building, remodeling, and other aspects of services available to help you in the future as well as more information on the above topic. So, you can see it is for your protection that you use a NCBIA member. If you are unsure that your contractor is a member of the NCBIA or you are looking for a list of NCBIA members, you can visit our website at www.ncbia.com – go to Members and then Member Search, or call 440-934-1090. We also have a job posting board (under the industry tab).
Visit our 24/7 Virtual Parade of Homes!!! Allows you to look at some of our builders’ new homes and communities on your mobile device or computer at your leisure (including our remodelers) We know time is our greatest asset and via our NCBIA Virtual Parade of Homes, we save you time looking for a new home or a community that fits your lifestyle. The Virtual Parade of Homes is open online 24/7. Many of the homes featured in our Virtual Parade host regular open house hours for those consumers who are looking to tour the actual homes. You can click through to builder websites to see what they have to offer.
See us on Facebook and share us!
Homeownership is truly a cornerstone of the American way of life. North Coast Building Industry – Come Build with Us!