Fun for the kids – Gingerbread House Contest!!!!!
Judie Docs, Executive Officer, North Coast Building Industry Association (NCBIA), CSP, MCSP, CGP, CMP, MIRM
I hope you and your family are doing well and had a great Thanksgiving even among all the craziness going on in the world around us!
At the North Coast Building Industry Association, we are always striving to come up with new ways to get the younger generations involved and interested in the building trades. Back in May we launched our first ever Lego Contest and it was a great success! Some of the creations that these kids came up with were incredible! We wanted to come up with another way to get the kids building from home and what better way than a Gingerbread House contest!
With that being said I present to you the NCBIA 2020 Gingerbread House Building Contest! I am so beyond excited for this event and I cannot wait to see what these kids come up with! The contest is open from now until December 16th. So, if you know any kids that you think would like to participate please pass this along and help spread the word!
Each age category winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
How it works:
- Gather you most colorful gumdrops, candies, and other delicious supplies!
- Build the best gingerbread house you can (Build you house with cookies, cardboard, or other supplies you have around the house! Be as creative as possible!)
- Take a photo of your gingerbread house.
- Send you photo to email@example.com with “Gingerbread House Contest” in the subject line by Wednesday, December 16, 2020. Tell us the first name and the age of the child who built the house.
- Our team of “experts” will choose the winners in each age category.
- Age Groups
- 3-5 years
- 6-8 years
- 9-12 years
- 13-15 years
- 16-18 years
- Age Groups
- We will post on our Facebook page and notify the winners via email. Winners will be announced on Friday, December 18, 2020.
Our not-for-profit association is dedicated to promoting, protecting, strengthening, and informing our local home building markets and those who work within them to ensure we are, independently and collectively are a viable economic engine of growth now and in the future. Please feel free to use the NCBIA as a resource for any need that you may have, involved in all aspects of home building, remodeling, and other aspects of residential and light commercial construction. Chances are we have a dependable and reputable member that can assist you (from Accountants to Window Cleaning).
Visit our website – ncbia.com for a list of our members, past articles such as this, and be sure to visit our Virtual Parade of Homes. Or, give us a call Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 440-934-1090.
Like us on Facebook – – or better yet share us.
Homeownership is truly a cornerstone of the American way of life. North Coast Building Industry – Come Build with Us!