Judie Docs, Executive Officer, North Coast Building Industry Association (NCBIA), CSP, MCSP, CGP, CMP, MIRM
The North Coast Building Industry Association (NCBIA) serves Erie, Huron and Lorain Counties. NCBIA members have been an integral part of the growth and economic development of the communities we serve since 1944. NCBIA was founded as a not-for-profit local affiliate of the Ohio Home Builders Association (OHBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) representing more than 275 builders and other businesses directly related to the home building industry. Our members are builders, remodelers, tradesman and associated professions representing the collective interests of the residential construction industry, and we strive to bring you safe and affordable housing.
The passion of the building industry is the passion of earning a living; establishing a better way of life and having that living help provide men, women and children with shelter. Food, clothing and shelter are the three most needed necessities in life. The home building and remodeling industry is a noble industry.
Homeownership is the Foundation of the American Dream.
- For many people, owning a home is part of their American Dream. Homeownership builds stronger communities, provides a solid foundation for family and personal achievement and improves the quality of life for millions of people. It is truly the cornerstone of the American way of life.
- Most Americans consider homeownership to be the single best long-term investment and a primary source of wealth and financial security. Countless generations of Americans have counted on their homes for their children’s education, their own retirement and a personal sense of well-being.
- Yet, a home is so much more than an investment. In good times and in bad, the opportunity to own a home has been a cherished ideal and a source of pride, accomplishment, social stability and peace of mind.
Homeownership is a Major Driver of the U.S. Economy
- The nation’s housing and homeownership policies over the last century have contributed to the growth of the middle class and helped the United States become the most dynamic economy the world has ever seen.
- Fully 15 percent of the U.S. economy relies on housing and nothing packs a bigger local economic impact than home building.
- Constructing 100 new single-family homes creates 297 full-time jobs, $28 million in wage and business income and $11.1 million in federal, state and local tax revenue.
- A healthy housing industry means more jobs and a stronger economy. Home building increases the property tax base that supports local schools and communities.
- Housing, like no other sector, is “Made in America.” Most of the products used in home construction and remodeling are manufactured here in the United States.
So, as you can see there is a lot to be passionate about. The North Coast Building Industry Association is your local not-for-profit trade association representing reputable, dependable and passionate member companies involved in all aspects of home building, remodeling, and other aspects of services available to help you in the future. If you are unsure that your contractor is a member of the NCBIA or you are looking for a list of NCBIA members, you can visit our NEWLY REMODELED website at www.ncbia.com or call 440-934-1090. We also have a job posting board (under the About Us tab). Like us or better yet share us on Facebook!
Homeownership is truly a cornerstone of the American way of life. North Coast Building Industry – Come Build with Us!